SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts – Few people realize that here in Shrewsbury, the winter market actually tends to favor the Sellers, in many cases largely just due to the lack of inventory. The key, however, is to make your property show its best, regardless of the weather outside. Here are a few tips and tricks of the trade, which you may want to consider.
- Pick up any dead tree limbs.
- Keep your driveway, steps, and walkways plowed, shoveled, and salted at all times.
- Keep gutters clean so that no icicles have a chance to form.
- Replace weather-stripping as needed to keep drafts away.
- Keep all valves to outdoor spigots turned off to avoid burst pipes.
- Holiday decorations should be put away as soon as possible.
- Keeping a roaring fireplace during an open house this time of year is always a good thing.
- Keep lists handy for all potential buyers of all of your home’s energy efficiencies, i.e. wrapped pipes, extra insulation, new windows, etc.
- Keep all windows clean to let in as much light as possible. Remove all screens to storage and take down any heavy drapes. This will let in that extra light that so many potential buyers will be demanding this time of year.
- Keep as many lights on as possible during showings. If you cannot be there, set lights on timers and add motion sensors to walkways. You may even consider installing motion detectors for walk-in closets.
- Keep photos around your home showing the house in all seasons. A nice shot of your blooming flowers and lush green shrubs will help potential buyers understand what is under all of that snow!
Remember, the winter is a fine time to sell, and the data backs that up time after time. You’ll be limited to only the serious Buyers, not the tire-kickers, and those folks will have far fewer homes to pick from; that alone will increase your chances.
If you’re interested in learning more about selling in the winter, just reach out to me anytime and we can chat.
About Steve Levine
For nearly three decades, Steve Levine of REMAX Professional Associates, has been one of the top Real Estate agents in the Central Massachusetts. A ten-time honoree as #1 REMAX Agent in New England, he brings to the table the experience that comes from working successfully with over 2000 Buyers and Sellers, through all types of real estate markets. Adept at everything from land development, to custom home building, to residential single family and condo sales, his “can do” approach has made him one of the most sought after agents in the region.
A consummate marketing aficionado, and recognized as one of the most innovative Realtors in the industry, he has spoken nationally on many occasions, training other real estate agents on customer service, marketing, and web presence, and is currently developing a suite of instructional videos designed to enable agents to take their business to the next level.
When not out selling Massachusetts’s real estate, Steve is a passionate photographer, musician and writer, and is constantly looking for new ways to express himself.
For a private consultation on your Massachusetts real estate needs, he can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 508 735-4663.
You can also check out his photography website at www.stellarimages.us.