SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts – The answer is that most enhancements will do just that, but some do it more than others. Always beautiful, the following shrubs should be taken into consideration when you want to improve your home’s landscaping. These shrubs were found on almost every homestead owned by our grandparents. They have not fallen out of favor for any reason, only forgotten in the excitement that came with the many new cultivars that are now available. Take a look at these options to maximize your curb appeal!
- Hydrangea: Tolerant of most soil types but sensitive to drought and hot sun, this shrub has many flower colors available and the newer ‘Endless Summer’ series bloom all summer long.
- Spirea: Tolerant of most soils, these hardy deciduous shrubs come in many colors and show mounds of flowers come springtime that last all summer long.
- Lilac: Hundreds of cultivars are available, but most prefer neutral soil and some shade. Known for their heady scented flowers, they make great vase cuttings.
- Viburnum: With their beautiful springtime display, these smell wonderful and are favored by birds. If you do choose one, leave room for expansion as they tend to spread wider than their height.
- Hibiscus: Rose-of-Sharon never disappoint with their gorgeous late-summer flowers. They are very adaptable and easy to grow.
As always, feel free to reach out to me and I can give you some recommendations for my most trusted landscapers.
About Steve Levine
For nearly three decades, Steve Levine of REMAX Professional Associates, has been one of the top Real Estate agents in the Central Massachusetts. A ten-time honoree as #1 REMAX Agent in New England, he brings to the table the experience that comes from working successfully with over 2000 Buyers and Sellers, through all types of real estate markets. Adept at everything from land development, to custom home building, to residential single family and condo sales, his “can do” approach has made him one of the most sought after agents in the region.
A consummate marketing aficionado, and recognized as one of the most innovative Realtors in the industry, he has spoken nationally on many occasions, training other real estate agents on customer service, marketing, and web presence, and is currently developing a suite of instructional videos designed to enable agents to take their business to the next level.
When not out selling Massachusetts’s real estate, Steve is a passionate photographer, musician and writer, and is constantly looking for new ways to express himself.
For a private consultation on your Massachusetts real estate needs, he can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 508 735-4663.
You can also check out his photography website at www.stellarimages.us.